- TITLE: ASSOCIATE PASTOR FOR CONGREGATIONAL NURTURE
- PURPOSE: To provide leadership and support for the Church’s program of pastoral care and counseling, hospital visitation, and congregational fellowship.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: To Pastor as head of staff and to Presbytery.
- To be the primary provider of pastoral care to persons in crisis, illness, birth, death, and to those who are homebound, both personally and systematically through others; and to administer the congregation’s Stephen Ministry Program.
- To foster the development of small support groups, care groups, and/or crisis groups within the life of the congregation and to strengthen the effectiveness of existing groups.
- To foster the development of congregational fellowship activities, and to strengthen existing programs.
- To serve as a staff resource person to the Fellowship and Pastoral Care Ministries, being alert to procedures that would make the administration of the church’s program more effective.
- To be a leader in the teaching ministry of the congregation, being available for teaching responsibilities in a variety of settings.
- To lead or assist in worship, including weddings and funerals, and to preach occasionally, on a schedule to be determined in consultation with the Pastor.
- To work as a team with other staff persons, taking the lead when assigned.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Works in close cooperation with the Pastor, other Associate Pastor(s), Parish Associate, Church Educator, and Church Business Administrator. Attends staff, session and diaconal meetings, is resource person to assigned ministries.
- EVALUATION: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor and the Personnel Committee. The compensation will be reviewed annually by the Personnel Committee, which makes recommendations to the Budget Committee.
Please send Personal Information Form to search committee chairperson Philip Shell at email@example.com.