Second Presbyterian Church is seeking applicants to serve as the church’s Business Administrator. This position entails comprehensive responsibility for church accounting and finances, as well as supervision of the church’s office personnel and support functions.
Located in western Little Rock, Second Presbyterian Church has over 1,800 members and a staff of 20. The church is led by Reverend Steve Hancock to whom this position is accountable.
The beginning salary range for this position is between $50,000 and $60,000 annually, depending on qualifications. The benefit package for this position includes a fully-funded family health care plan and a fully-funded defined benefit pension plan.
A committee of church members is conducting the hiring process. Applications will be accepted only through resumes submitted electronically; Finalists will be selected for further screening and interviews with the selection committee.
The following are some of the key attributes of a successful applicant for this position:
• A degree in Accounting and/or comprehensive financial experience, including budget oversight
• Experience in supervising staff and administering human resource plans
• Exceptional interpersonal skills required to deal with church members, clergy and staff
• Information system knowledge and proficiency required to maintain the books and records of the church and oversee the church’s hardware and software resources
• Prior experience in contract administration with vendors would be helpful.
• Prior experience in church administration or the non-profit arena would be helpful.
• The applicant must embrace Christian values and the mission of the church.
A detailed position description is included below. Applications will be accepted through November 23, and interviews will be conducted in December. Our target for a start date is early January, 2012; but there is some flexibility to the start date.
Send resume to CBA@secondpreslr.org.