I miss our children. I miss singing songs with them and making silly warm-up sounds, playing games, and praising God together in song. I wish for a day when it’s safe for us to gather and do these things again. But right now, with the church building still closed, and the virus still affecting many, we cannot. Children’s Choir will not meet starting in August as it traditionally does. When it is safe for us to resume, I’ll joyfully announce our plans. Until that day, Children’s Music at Second Presbyterian will look different. Here are some things to look forward to happening this fall:
- Songs and Stories with Miss Mary, a weekly video of no more than 15 minutes, will be shared with all the children beginning in early September. Children and families may choose when and how to use this video in their own schedules.
- Music time during Sunday School will continue. Children’s Sunday School resumes August 30 on Zoom. More information is forthcoming.
- Music will be thoughtfully incorporated into other programs offered from various ministries in the church.
- Family bells, an intergenerational, pod style music opportunity, will begin mid-September. Look for more information on this fun, in person activity, coming soon.
- Created to Create! A new, interactive, virtual, multisensory, free, no registration required, opportunity that engages children in musical, artistic, kinesthetic, and theatrical play. The first session of this will be in late September. Look for more information to come, early September.
All God’s children do have a place in the choir… I firmly believe that. It’s just that the “choir” needs to look a little differently right now. I look forward to doing music and growing in faith in new ways with our children this fall. Please contact me directly with any questions you have.