Our Stephen Ministers will be depending on our support in the time ahead as they assume the duties of their ministry. How can we help?
- We can pray for our Stephen Leaders, our Stephen Ministers, and their care receivers. This ministry calls for both time and effort. At times they may feel tired, discouraged, or convinced that they are not accomplishing anything. The assurance of our prayers and appreciation will help them keep moving forward.
- We can also affirm and show our appreciation for this valuable ministry. We can tell them how much their hard work means to us, tell others how much we value our Stephen Ministry, and focus attention on our Stephen Ministers to bless and affirm them in special ways—as we do with our commissioning services.
- We can become involved in this ministry in many ways. Some of us may recognize a call to use our special gifts in this ministry and may apply to be a Stephen Leader or Stephen Minister.
- Others may accept the care of a Stephen Minister.
- We can be ministers of referral, watching for people in need and suggesting a Stephen Minister’s care.
- We all can give our enthusiastic support by keeping Stephen Ministry always before us and by praying for and affirming those who have answered God’s call to serve in this way.