- TITLE: INTERIM DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
- PURPOSE: To provide the primary staff leadership and support for Children’s Ministry of Second Presbyterian Church with 19 hours a week through Summer 2021
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to the Associate Pastor for Youth, Young Adults, and Families with Young Children (APYYF), Pastor as head of staff and to the Session
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To coordinate and unify the children’s educational activities of the Church guided by APYYF into an integrated and effective ministry of Christian Education
- To be a voice of support, encouragement, and safe place for children to grow in faith
- To work as a collaborative team member with other staff who have responsibilities in education and family ministry
- To organize and direct the Sunday morning Church School, including programs for preschool and elementary Children
- To order and supervise distribution of curriculum and Christian Education supplies for preschool and elementary programs
- To maintain a system for keeping attendance records of both students and teachers
- To give oversight and leadership to other on-going children’s programs of the church, including Vacation Church School, Preschool Storytime, and Milestone Ministry
- To assist with maintaining and providing new ideas for the Worship Stations
- To effectively communicate about children’s programs and offerings through various communication avenues including Facebook, email, text, Instagram, etc.
- To work with other Program Staff members in planning and coordinating seasonal and other special celebrations in the life of the congregation
- To serve as an occasional teacher and leader for Bible study (e.g., through the Church School, Family ministry program, retreats, etc.)
To work with other members of the Program Staff, Children’s Ministry, Families with Young Children Ministry, and Children’s Music Ministry
Performance reviews will be conducted by the APYYF, in consultation with Pastor as Head of Staff.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.