Second Presbyterian Church was founded in 1882 with 14 charter members. It now has a membership of over 1700, and is the largest Presbyterian Church in Arkansas. As a community of worship, inquiry, fellowship, and care, members and visitors worship together in a spirit of reverence and joy, study together with reasoned and reflective faith, and work together for compassion, justice and peace in the world.
Fully twenty-five percent of the church’s annual budget goes to serve those in need outside the walls of Second Presbyterian Church—locally, nationally and internationally. Led by a staff of three ordained ministers, a Church Educator, a Youth Director, a Music Director and Associate Music Director, Second provides a variety of opportunities for Christian nurture and service for children, youth, and adults. Worship services are normally at 8:30, 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings, with Sunday School classes at 9:50 a.m.. Visitors are always welcome!