A giving opportunity for those over 70½: Federal legislation allows you to make tax-free distributions from your IRA directly to a charity, such as our church. This distribution means no increased income or payment of additional tax. This opportunity may be used for your annual stewardship gift or a planned gift to our church.
Some of the details of the IRA Rollover:
- Donors must be age 70½ or older at the time of transfer.
- Distributions must be made (1) directly from the trustee (2) to the qualified charity, such as our church.
- This qualifies toward the IRA owner’s Required Minimum Distribution.
- Distributions are not included in the owner’s adjusted gross income.
- No taxes are paid on qualified charitable distributions.
Please consult your qualified professional advisers on how this gift would fit into your overall plans and your eligibility for tax benefits.
We are grateful for your generous giving and want to assist in any way we can.
Please contact Malinda Kirchner
Telephone: (501) 227-0000