- TITLE: Contemporary Worship Music Leader
- PURPOSE: To provide music leadership for the 9:00 a.m. contemporary worship service, serving as lead vocalist for the service and coordinating the worship band.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in leading church worship music with knowledge and exposure to both traditional and contemporary Christian music. Ability to read music and lead rehearsals for a multi-instrument band. Willingness to reflect the theology and polity of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and interact with the congregation in a friendly and professional manner.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: To the Associate Pastor for Outreach who oversees the 9:00 contemporary worship service and, more generally, the Director of Music and the Head of Staff of the congregation.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: The Contemporary Worship Music Leader will:
- Work in consultation with the Associate Pastor for Outreach to select music for the 9:00 worship service that is appropriate in style and theme for each Sunday.
- Lead a 1-2 hour rehearsal with the worship band each week and participate in worship on Sunday mornings.
- Arrive an hour before the 9:00 service begins to prepare for worship.
- Lead music throughout the one-hour service.
- Provide the sheet music for the band (hymnal, CCLI database, and copy machine provided at the church), as well as typed lyrics of each song to the Associate Pastor by Wednesday of each week so that the Associate Pastor can create the corresponding bulletin and PowerPoint slides.
- Turn in timesheets for each member of the band twice a month and make arrangements for substitute musicians as needed.
- Meet with the Associate Pastor once a month for planning and overall service coordination.
To apply or for more information, please contact Rev. Lindy Vogado, firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 227-0000.