Second Presbyterian Church welcomes all people. Our Statement of Welcome and Inclusiveness says, “We would be pleased to have you join us in our journey of faith, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, economic or family status, ethnic background, mental or physical abilities.”
We have an Accessibility Committee that works to ensure that everyone can be fully involved in our church family. The committee works closely with other church committees in checking for our strengths and weaknesses in regard to welcoming and including persons with disabilities. This committee advises the church regarding ways to create usable and inclusive environments in our worship, study, and service; collaborates with members and visitors to address individual accessibility needs; and recommends innovative ways we can continually improve accessibility.
We hope you utilize some of the following resources:
- An elderly-friendly bus with a lift that transports people to worship and church events;
- Accessible bathrooms throughout church buildings;
- Sign Language interpreter at the 11:00 a.m. worship service and at special worship services such as Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, and by request for other worship services and meetings;
- Large print bulletins at every worship service;
- A fully accessible website;
- Accessible parking places;
- Available space for wheelchairs in the worship spaces;
- Automatic doors into the main building;
- Assistive listening systems in worship spaces and classrooms;
- Elevators in the main building and the Youth Building;
- A team of people who meet with families or individuals who have programming support needs for Sunday School, youth programs, etc.
If you have comments or questions about accessibility please contact our Transitional Associate Pastor for Congregational Nurture, Marie Mainard O’Connell, email@example.com.